Now that spring is officially here, kick winter to the curb by taking care of your car. Here are some spring car care tips to get you going.
- Wash your car. By the end of winter, your car gets covered in road salt and grime. Give your car a thorough wash and don’t forget the underbody. For extra protection, add a fresh coat of wax.
- Clean your car. Pick a sunny, warm afternoon and spend it cleaning out your car. Take everything out of your car, wipe down all hard surfaces, and clean any stains on carpet and upholstery. Finally, vacuum from top to bottom.
- Get new blades. Wiper blades get put through the wringer over the winter. Experts recommend getting a new pair every 6-12 months and spring is an ideal time of year to do this. You don’t want to have reduced visibility during the rainiest time of the year.
- Check your tires. Make sure your tires have adequate tread depth and are inflated properly. Look for signs of extreme wear like cracks and bulges.
- Top off fluids. Check your car’s fluids, like washer fluid, oil, transmission fluid, and brake fluid. Add more, as needed.
Don’t want to do all of this yourself? Schedule a service appointment with us here at Gossett Audi and we’ll get your car in prime condition ready for spring.